It’s hard not to hear about Black Friday deals, and you’ll probably get emails about Cyber Monday specials, but have you heard about Small Business Saturday? This year “Small Business Saturday” is today November 30th, and is a day to celebrate and support small businesses and all they do for their communities.
So we want to reflect on not only small businesses and their impact, but also how Express Auto impacts the Western Michigan community.
A few impressive facts about small businesses according to SBA.gov:
- Since 1990, as big business eliminated 4 million jobs, small businesses added 8 million new jobs.
- The 23 million small businesses in America account for 54% of all U.S. sales.
- Small businesses provide 55% of all jobs and 66% of all net new jobs since the 1970s.
How our small business impacts our Western Michigan communities:
- We employ over 40 employees across our 5 (soon to be 6) locations
- We have multiple internship positions to help university students to gain experience in the workplace.
- Our daily business supports other businesses as we order parts, office supplies, and equipment
- We have supported local philanthropy events near and dear to our employees
So we invite you to participate in Small Business Saturday, and support local businesses when you start your Christmas shopping. While leasing a car is not a typical Christmas present, that’s okay. You can show your support by recommending Express Auto the next time you have a friend looking for a vehicle. Your referral is the greatest compliment to ours, and any small business.
Learn more and search for Small Business Saturday events on Twitter with the conversation hashtag #SmallBizSat
Still searching for the perfect Christmas present for family you know, that could use a little more this year? Nominate them for our Adopt-a-Family contest we have going on – for their chance to win a free car lease for a year and $1000 worth of gifts!