The KEY to the 200000 Mile Vehicle
There’s no secret to a 200000 mile vehicle or even getting 300,000 miles out of your vehicle. It’s just basic car care. Regular maintenance is simply going to improve the safety and dependability of any car.
When you neglect your vehicle, you’re paying more in the long run. Higher costs down the line include more extensive repairs or lost resale value. Just following the standard guidelines for a routine maintenance program makes financial sense.
Here are the top 10 basic maintenance procedures to get to that 200,000 Mile Vehicle. Any technician will be able to check these for you and give you a report on what needs to be fixed.:
- Check the hoses and belts to make sure they are not cracked, brittle, frayed, loose or showing signs of excessive wear.
- Check all the fluids. That includes the oil, power steering, brake and transmission as well as windshield washer solvent and antifreeze.
- Check the battery and replace when necessary. Make sure the connection is clean, tight and corrosion-free.
- Inspect the exhaust system for leaks, damage and broken supports or hangers if there is an unusual noise. Exhaust leaks can be dangerous and must be corrected without delay.
- Schedule a tune-up to help the engine deliver the best balance of power and fuel economy and produce the lowest level of emissions.
- Check the brake system annually and have the brake linings, rotors and drums inspected at each oil change.
- Check the heating, ventilating and air conditioning (HVAC) system. Proper heating and cooling performance is critical for comfort and safety.
- Inspect the steering and suspension system annually including shock absorbers, struts and chassis parts such as ball joints, tie rod ends and other components.
- Check the tires, including tire pressure and tread. Uneven wear indicates a need for wheel alignment. Tires should also be checked for bulges and bald spots. Proper tire inflation can save you gas and may even save your life.
- Check the wipers and lighting so that you can see and be seen. Check that all interior and exterior lighting is working properly and replace worn wiper blades immediately. Don’t wait for the next time it rains.
[info]Remember, if you’re an Express Auto customer you have the Express Auto Advantage working for you. Much of your basic maintenance (including oil changes and wiper blades) are FREE. Take advantage of that and you’ll be sitting pretty ffor that 200000 mile vehicle.[/info]